M. Turner Field is a partner at Kershaw Anderson, PLLC. Turner devotes his practice to civil trial work and arbitration. He specializes in construction and employment litigation, medical malpractice, transportation and personal injury defense. Turner is licensed in both Texas and Colorado. He has extensive first-chair courtroom and alternate dispute resolution experience.
Turner was born in Lubbock, Texas. He started his legal career in Dallas before relocating to Denver where he practiced law for several years. Turner returned to Dallas where he now lives and works.
- Northstar Project Management, Inc. v. DLR Group, Inc., 295 P.3d 956 (Colo. 2013).
- Obtained jury verdict, including punitive damages award in federal court on Title VII Claims.
- Negotiated largest settlement to-date for homeowner among claimants seeking to file homeowner warranty claims with bankrupt national builder.
- Obtained defense judgment in replevin action for corporate clients involving property claims.
- Obtained dismissal through summary judgment of civil racketeering charges against corporate clients.
- Obtained six-figure judgment for corporate clients on breach of contract, defamation and abuse of process claims.
- Successfully defended construction contractors in multiple cases involving six and seven figure defect claims.
- Won early dismissal for architectural firm based on Texas Certificate of Merit Statute in multi-party construction case.
- Won early dismissal for apartment complex in premises liability case involving child head injury.
- Successfully defended publicly traded restaurant chain in multiple premises liability cases.
- Successfully negotiated complex easement dispute between developer and City of Dallas.
- Obtained favorable settlement for minority shareholder in seven-figure partnership dispute arising under Section 14 of the Texas Professional Corporation Act.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Trial
- Construction and Employment Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury Defense
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 2002
- Washington and Lee University
- B.A. - 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Washing and Lee Alumni Association of Dallas
- Denver Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
Pro Bono Activities