CHRISTINA GRATKE NASON
Christina Gratke Nason serves as Of Counsel to the firm, handling litigation and appellate matters in state and federal courts. Throughout her career, Ms. Nason’s practice has covered a broad range of civil litigation, including medical malpractice, employment, commercial and consumer litigation, products liability, construction defect, oil and gas, personal injury defense, and insurance bad faith and coverage. At Kershaw Anderson King, Ms. Nason primarily advises the civil litigators in the areas of medical malpractice and general civil defense. Her particular expertise is in state and federal procedure, complex legal research and briefing, and multi-party litigation. Ms. Nason has argued before federal and state appellate courts.
Education & Professional Background
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Bobby R. Baldock of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1992-1994
- J.D. cum laude, Washington & Lee School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, 1992
- Law Review Staff Writer
- Intern, United States Attorney’s Office, Western District of Virginia
- B.A. English, Rice University in Houston, Texas, 1989
- State Bar of Texas, admitted 1997
- State Bar of New Mexico, admitted 1992 (inactive)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, and for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- United States Supreme Court
- Texas Super Lawyer, Appellate, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Dallas Bar Association
- Appellate Section Officer and Advisory Counsel, 2019-2022
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Awards Event Chairperson, 2021
Community Service and Volunteer
- Spina Bifida Association of North Texas
- Chair-Elect 2023, Advocacy Chair, 2021-present, Board Member 2021-present
- National Model Railroad Association
- 2023 Texas Express National Convention, General Interest Tours Chair
- Arlington ISD Citizens Advisory Committee
- Chairperson and Co-Spokesperson 2009-2010
- Arlington ISD Instructional Decision-Making Committee, Member 2009-2010
- Arlington ISD Bond Advisory Committee, Facilities Sub-Committee Member 2008-2009
- Citizens for Arlington Political Action Committee for AISD Bond
- Assistant Treasurer 2009
- Larson Elementary PTA
- President 2007-2009, Life Member Award 2008, Volunteer Coordinator 2005-2007
- Arlington Council of PTAs, Legislative Action Chair 2008-2009
- Estates of River Ridge Homeowners Association, Treasurer 2005-2013
Recent Appellate Opinions
- EEOC v. Methodist Hosps. of Dallas, No. 17-10539, 2023 U.S. App. LEXIS 6598 (5th Cir. 2023).
- Oncor Elec. Delivery Co. LLC v. Quintanilla, No. 05-19-01331-CV, 2022 Tex. App. LEXIS 7666 (Tex. App.—Dallas Oct. 17, 2022, pet. filed).
- Foust v. Baylor Scott & White, No. 10-20-00095-CV, 2022 Tex. App. LEXIS 8764 (Tex. App.—Waco Nov. 30, 2022, no pet. h.).
- Methodist Hosps. of Dall. v. Nieto, 05-18-01073-CV, 2019 Tex. App. LEXIS 9992 (Tex. App.—Dallas Nov. 15, 2019, pet. denied).
- Baylor Univ. Med. Ctr., Inc. v. Daneshfar, 05-17-00181-CV, 2018 WL 833373 (Tex. App.—Dallas Feb. 12, 2018, pet. filed).
- Empire Indem. Ins. Co. v. N/S Corp., 571 Fed. Appx. 344 (5th Cir. 2014).