Todd Allen has spent his entire legal career working in the civil litigation field. He spent most of that early career as a litigator working with Jeff Kershaw, Peter Anderson, and David Walsh in a practice focused primarily on health care, premises liability, products liability, commercial, and personal injury matters.
In 2011, Todd’s experience as a litigator led him to explore an opportunity as a litigation manager and associate general counsel for a major non-profit organization. There, he managed complex litigation across the country that involved the selection of outside counsel, managing outside counsel, setting reserves and working with primary and excess insurers, and serving as the client representative at mediations and trials.
In 2016, Todd transitioned out of the in-house world and formed his own mediation practice, Allen Mediations, where he focuses on mediating civil claims in the Dallas area and across the country. In addition to mediating, Todd serves as Of Counsel to Kershaw Anderson, PLLC, where he enjoys working with his former law partners.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury – Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1999
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. – 1996
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. – 1993
- Major: Plan II Honors
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 1996 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 1996 to Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Associate General Counsel – Litigation, 2011 to 2016
- Chamblee, Ryan, Kershaw & Anderson, Partner, 1998 to 2011
- Dallas Bar Association – ADR Section Chair, 2019 to Present
- Volunteer Mediator – Dallas County Dispute Resolution Center, DRS North Texas, 2019 to Present