Peter Anderson is the managing partner at Kershaw Anderson, PLLC. Peter is an experienced counselor and litigator with a core focused practice on health care related matters in courts and in administrative proceedings.
Peter has honed his craft with more than 20 years of experience in the representation of health care providers and facilities in health care liability lawsuits, Texas Medical Board disciplinary investigations and hearings, hospital-based peer review and credentialing actions against physicians including "fair hearings", and more recently HIPAA Risk Assessments in the context of an unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI) or in response to a complaint or investigation with the Department of Health and Human Services.
In committing himself to this work, Peter can often be found in courtrooms across North Texas, in Texas Medical Board hearing rooms in Austin, and in board rooms at hospitals across the state advocating on behalf of health care providers. Because of his experience, Peter is an invited speaker, commenter, and writer on health care related legal topics to both medical and legal audiences. Accordingly, he is recognized by his peers as a top attorney in his field.
Having been blessed to represent many tremendous clients over the years, Peter practices law with a steadfast belief that his clients deserve an attorney that works as smart and as hard for them as they do in their own occupation.
By keeping his litigation and courtroom skills sharp, Peter also is sought after to assist in complex commercial and personal injury matters as well. Because of his keen experience and insight into the courts of North Texas, it is with great pride that Peter also serves as local counsel on occasion to attorneys from other regions.
Peter was born in Red Wing, Minnesota. Peter is married to his wife Katie and they have two children. When not practicing law, Peter enjoys reading and running at White Rock Lake, just not terribly far or fast.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation Health Care Practice
- Health Care Liability Claim Defense
- Physician Defense in Texas Medical Board Investigations
- Physician Defense in Hospital Peer Review/Credentialing Matters
- HIPAA Risk Assessments
- Personal Injury Defense
- General Litigation
- Employment Disputes
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1995
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: Student Bar Ass'n Pres. of 1st Yr. Class (1993 - 1994)
- St. Johns University, Collegeville, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1991
- Major: English
- “Protect Health-Care Clients as Reform Takes Shape,” Texas Lawyer, 2010; written by Peter Anderson and Kimberly Bocell
- “Texas Medical Board Doing More with Less,” Texas Lawyer, 2015; written by Peter H. Anderson and Ryan D. Wozny
- Dallas Nephrology Associates (DNA)
- Texas Medical Liability Trust
- American Physicians Ins. Co.
- Advocate MD
- Cardiovascular Association of North Texas (CSANT)
- Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Medicus Insurance Company/Norcal
- KBR, Inc.
- NAS Insurance Services, Inc.
- ProAssurance Companies
- Whole Foods Market
Honors And Awards
- D Magazine Best Lawyer in Dallas, 2016-2021
- Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
- Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2007-2009
- Named as a top health care lawyer by D Magazine, 2016-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics, Member, 2007
- Dallas Bar Association, Health Law Section and Ethics Committee, Member, 1996
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Dallas Texas, Holy Name Society President, 2011 to 2012
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School Dallas Texas (2011-2012 School Year and Summer 2012), 7th Grade Boy Basketball Coach
- State Bar of Texas
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics, Former member
Past Employment Positions
- Texas 2nd Court of Appeals (Forth Worth), Briefing Attorney, 1995 to 1996
- Cowles & Thompson, Associate, 1996 to 1998
- Chamblee, Ryan, Kershaw & Anderson, Partner, 1998 to 2017
Pro Bono Activities
- Holy Name Society President for St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Dallas Texas, 2011 to 2012
- Middle School Basketball Coach for St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School in Dallas, Texas, 2011 to 2013